Did You Know
The Knights of Columbus as an organization during the fraternal year 2016/17 has donated it’s time and dollars in the following ways. Note that our council and the thousands of others throughout the country have also donated money and time not listed below.
Order Wide Member Charitable Outreach
- Dollars Donated – $177,500,673
- Hours of Service – 75,112,694
Order Wide Member Spiritual Outreach
- RSVP Participation – Contributed $3,950,028 to 6,614 individual seminarians.
- Order Wide Marian Prayer Program (Currently Holy Family) – 262 Icons travel through the various jurisdictions. 1,050,000 attendees took part in 6900 prayer services.
- Family Rosary Program (5th Sunday Rosary) – 1,685 program kits ordered.
Global Order Wide Member Spiritual Outreach
- Christian Refugee Relief Fund/Solidarity Crosses – Sold 92,183 Solidarity Crosses, the proceeds of which have contributed $460,915 to the Christian Refugee Relief Fund.
Order Wide Community Member Outreach
- Coats for Kids (The Gift of Warmth) – 1,786 local councils distributed 88,812 coats.
- Food for Families Reimbursement Program – 2,029 councils raised $3,507,685, gave 7,549,477 lbs. of food and donated 674,834 hours of service.
- Habitat for Humanity – 1,149,903 hours of service volunteered.
- Special Olympics – $4,123,184 contributed and 294,37 hours volunteered
- Global Wheelchair Mission (The Gift of Mobility) – $1,268,954 contributed.
Special Order Wide Spiritual/Community Member Outreach
- Ultrasound Initiative – 834 units placed since inception of the program in 2009a and 130 units placed during the 2016/17 fraternal year. (Think about this. If we would agree that a ultra sound machine could conservatively save five (5) babies a week, doing the math, 834×5=4,170 potential babies a week. 4,170×52 weeks=216,840 potential babies a year.)
Order Wide Youth Member Outreach
- Free Throw Championship – 3,788 Councils and 237,200 Participants.
- Soccer Challenge Participation – 1,136 Councils and 19,477 Participants.
- Catholic Citizenship Participation (Essay Contest) – 1,530 Councils and 4,472 Participants.
- Substance Abuse Participation (Awareness Poster Contest) – 1,080 Councils and 18,249 Participants.
- Keep Christ in Christmas Participation (Poster Contest) – 702 Councils and 31, 466 Participants.